Clinic Update: 18 June 2022
Our clinic is currently operating at reduced consultation capacity. We apologise for the longer than normal wait times for booking appointments and procedures.
Due to staff shortages, we are limiting appointment bookings to existing clients only until further notice.
If there is an emergency with your pet, please contact SASH (North Ryde) or ARH (Homebush), the two nearest emergency vets from Carlingford.
For after hour, Sunday or public holiday vet services when our clinic is closed, you can also contact ARH (Baulkham Hills).
From 7 March 2022, two people from the same family can accompany your pet into our waiting room. One of our vet nurses will then take your pet into the consultation room while you wait.
Please follow hygiene and social distancing requirements. Please wear a face mask when you are entering our clinic - this is an entry requirement.
If your pet needs veterinary attention and:
- You are experiencing possible symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath)
- You have tested positive to COVID-19
- You have been a close contact of a known COVID-19 case.
Please phone us for advice and we can make a plan in line with current NSW Health recommendations. Please DO NOT attend the clinic without ringing first. Thank you!
We would kindly ask you to:
- Limit the number of people presenting your pet to just TWO people.
- Please phone ahead to order required prescription medicine repeats, food or parasite control products in advance, so we can arrange to have them ready for you without the need to wait. Alternatively, we can organise postage of those items to you too (standard postage fees apply).
We can also provide telemedicine service (online video consultation) if you would prefer not coming to the clinic with your pet in person. Please contact us for more information or suitability for your pet's condition.
We are working hard to ensure that we can continue to provide veterinary care for our pet patients during this COVID-19 pandemic as well as minimising the impact of other seasonal infectious disease transmission in both humans and pets. Our priority is the safety and well-being of our clients, vets and vet nurses as well as our usual patients. We shall continue to do our bit to implement measures to minimise the risk of transmission within our community.
We kindly ask for your understanding and we thank you for your co-operation! We know that COVID-19 situation can change and we shall provide further updates as required.
Stay safe! From the team at ActiVet Clinic Carlingford